Since my injury I have been quiet. My knee is getting better and pain hardly detectable. I haven't tried to run yet, I am giving it a full 2 weeks before I try a mild, 3 mile run. I did take this "resting" as an opportunity to cleanse. I will be breaking my 7 day juice fast tonight with a delicious lentil soup dinner.
I chose not to share "live" on the blog since it really is an inward experience, almost sacred. It is easier to share this after the fact. For the fast I drank freshly extracted juice, usually 3 times per day. I also allowed myself herbal tea at will, no sweeteners. For the two days leading up to the fast I cut my caloric intake drastically and ate a mostly fruit and veggie diet. That was to get my body ready for the fast so that the detox process was less stressful. Including the 2 days prior to the fast, I lost 11 lbs. Once I start eating normally, hopefully more healthy, again some of that weight will come back. Here is the main site I referred to for guidance and inspiration.
I also did 4 sessions of yoga, took a cold shower every day, took psyllium husk, grapeseed extract and bentonite every day. Examples of the juices I made:
8am - Romaine, spinach, apple, carrots, lemon, ginger
12pm - Kiwi, apple, cucumber
6pm - Cucumber, broccoli or cabbage, apple, carrot, ginger
Here are the journal notes I kept over the last 7 days:
Day 1
I felt well all day, but at 7pm started massive headache. No hunger. I cooked dinner for family(chicken, carrots, potatoes) and that was hard. Slightly spacey. Already want to kill Facebook account. No elimination.
Day 2
Spacey. Hunger pangs once at 10am. Headache continued all night until 9am this morning. Calm. Thinking more clearly. Less likely to get set off emotionally. Nap. Still no elimination.
Day 3
2 eliminations with the addition of Senna tea. No headache. Slight grumbling stomach. Calm. Spacey. Peaceful. Plenty of energy to function with my normal activities. Hip/lower back pain mostly while bending over.
Day 4
Light headed a few time getting up too fast. Feeling pretty good overall. Felt build up on my tongue. Less spacey. No elimination.
Day 5
2 eliminations. Felt good, woke up with a lot of energy. Felt more tempted by food today. Making dinner was especially hard tonight (salmon, potatoes, broccoli). Focused at work. Great conversations with Luke. I feel much more patient. Sore back. Thick tongue. Sleeping well.
Day 6
Serious food temptations - Luke made homemade pizza for dinner and the smells in the house were torturous. I stayed in my room going through clothes to give away. Took over 2 hours, but I overcame the urge. Did an enema and released some black build up. Amazing night's sleep - lucid dreams. Bad breath.
Day 7
Woke up feeling weak, concave stomach. Energy perked up after morning juice. Still bad breath, good energy. Feeling very patient and have clarity.
This has been an awesome cleanse and practice in patience. I have gained a lot of clarity and it is way easier to let things go. I think I'm a better person!
138
No comments:
Post a Comment