Friday, April 16, 2010

The Quest of Action Mama

When I was in early grade school I had to write a short description of my dad. My dad is a type of hero to me so I wrote all the things I love about him. In my simple-minded way I infamously wrote that he was not an "action dad". I suppose I meant that he didn't run around playing tag with us in the back yard, swim laps or jump rope. He was, however, an amazing dad in many other ways for me and my 7 siblings; a wise friend, coach, a comfy lap, joker, and leader of our family.

Through my recent induction into parenthood I have thought a lot about what kind of mom I want to be for my children. The answer is to be an action mom. I aim to emulate my dad's unwavering character and maintain a physically active lifestyle. My hope is that this blog will be a sort of log to keep me on task with the day-to-day and goals.

No comments: