Today we picked up our first farm share of the 6 month season from Whipstone Farm. And as one friend, and fellow member, put it it felt like Christmas! Beautiful asparagus, rhubarb, spring mix, bok choy, dried chiles, fresh eggs, scallions and more. It was such a nice day today, finally getting warm here, so we barbequed on the back deck. We cooked up some grass-fed burgers and roasted the asparagus, tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper and feta. It is truly amazing the difference in fresh, organic produce and the lot. I can especially notice this with asparagus, in taste and cost. Tonight's asparagus was so tender and flavorful. Usually, organic asparagus in the store costs $5 or more per pound - which is generally not an option. What a treat to have it a part of our share!
In other news, we had our midwife and her two team members come over for a home visit today. Did I mention I am having a home birth with this baby? It is feeling very near and adding some brand new excitement since my first was delivered in the hospital. I have been ordered to "take it easy for a week" as I am dilated, thinned out and the baby's head is very low. Although, I really didn't need her to tell me that since for the last month it has felt like the baby would fall out at any moment if I made sudden movements. And yes, ouch! The bare minimum goal is to get to 36 weeks, the earliest you can deliver at home in Arizona. 5 more days and I'm there. For now I am trying to eat healthy (between brownies and Horizon's organic chocolate milk - mmmmmmmm). Now onto searching for a great bok choy dish...
1 comment:
Hi Brooke! Found your blog through Emilie's. Good luck with the home birth! Hope things go as you are hoping. I look forward to reading more from you!
Post a Comment