Sunday, May 9, 2010

On Mother's Day

This morning I woke up to a lovely breakfast in bed.. in courses! First Luke brought me my favorite, almost two-year-old. Then a glass of our morning Green Baba smoothie (recipe below). Then, said two-year-old took off to play while I enjoyed an uninterrupted cup of coffee. Ahhh, bliss. And then came the yummy pancakes with strawberries and bananas. A girl could get used to this!




Green Baba smoothie:
3 large handfuls spinach
fill to halfway mark with water
blend
3 T ground flax
1-2 frozen bananas, chopped
blend
Brooke and Johanna drink
Luke adds 1/4 cup rolled oats, blends and drinks

Today I am thinking about my mom and all the miracles she has performed in my lifetime. After 8 kids her energy and patience stand out the most. I am also thinking about the mother I strive to be, always trying to improve and get on the right path going forward.

No comments: