Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hula hoops and dog poop

Today was a wonderful Mother's Day, but did not start off well. I woke up fine with two giggling girls in my bed. Luke got home and 2 minutes later I discovered our dog had had doggie diarrhea all over the back sun room. I spent the first 45 minutes of Mother's Day cleaning it up. Not fun.

Luke made a wonderful breakfast for us of homemade pancakes with blueberries and bacon! Then I sat around drinking coffee, trying to rally myself for a run. I was suppose to do 8 miles today and should feel lucky I accomplished 6. It took all my will power to get out the door, but once I did it was therapy. ...for all that poop cleaning! No, no it was great. My last few runs have felt really hard for some reason and this one felt effortless. My body felt good and my pace was on at 9:27.

After my run we loaded up the girls and headed to a local nursery to get a plant. Luke had planned a great day for me and this would be the first stop. I decided on some annuals(first time for everything!). I picked out some Petunias and decided to pot them in a hanging planter myself. I also put a few in the ground.





Next stop was lunch. We decided on a newer restaurant in town, mostly because we serendipitously parked in front of it. We landed the coveted window seat booth and enjoyed fish tacos, lettuce wraps and pizza.

Then we headed to the square. There was an art fair going on with lots of people, music and activity. Johanna painted a rock at the kids craft tent. Then, after walking around a bit, we sat in the grass and listened to some lively country/folk music.




My friend Maggie was back in town to hike the Grand Canyon with her mom, aunt and mom's friend. She invited us for some hula hooping and strawberry shortcake - my favorite! We had more fun hooping than we could have imagined. Here are the pictures to prove it!



It had been a while, but I discovered I still have some moves. Ha! Apparently, a woman sponsors this every Sunday afternoon and I had no idea. She brings super high quality hoops, some music and let's people have fun. We all tried it and there was no shortage of laughing.  We got better and better as time went on.  One thing is for sure, we will be back for more!






Big girl Emmy is now standing up on her own. Today she figured out being the center of attention. She would stand up, look around for approval(hand clapping) and then sit back down.  Check out her wide stance.  We don't raise dummies.


What a glorious day to be a mommy!

152

1 comment:

Emilie said...

happy mommy's day! the hula hooping looks like super fun. xo