Here I am, in a place I thought I'd never be. A place that I envied, but didn't understand. I find myself completely obsessed with running. Specifically, I am obsessed with the next race on the calendar. I am totally drawn to discovering and then improving my times. Does this mean I'm a freakish marathon maniac? If I am I don't care. And, this could get expensive.
Tomorrow I am doing a 5K at the Chino Valley Springfest. After that I may have to wait until June 4th for another race. Luckily, there is Memorial Day, a visit from Gigi, my birthday and Emmy's 1st birthday sandwiched in between to keep me distracted.
Today I spent some time in the garden beds with my girls. Even though we are members of a wonderful CSA, we are going to attempt a small vegetable garden in our 3 raised beds. This afternoon we turned the dirt getting it ready for some mule manure a neighbor has for us. Johanna and I also planted some flower seeds that she has been obsessing about.
My goal for tomorrow's 5K is under 25 minutes. Can't wait!
149
No comments:
Post a Comment