Today marks the final day and I feel good. The ultimate challenge was tonight while making/prepping a stuffed mushroom appetizer for a dinner party tomorrow night. I can't wait to sink my teeth into those suckers!
The hardest day was definitely the first day, the first two missed meals. Then the spaciness set in and hunger diminished. I felt as though I got plenty of calories from the juices. That is, enough calories for normal day to day activities. I was not running, although I did teach a kayaking class yesterday.
Here is what I juiced and drank today.
Breakfast:
1 head romaine
1 large beet
2 carrots
1 apple
Lunch:
4 clementines
3 carrots
Snack:
1/4 watermelon
Dinner:
1 head romaine
1 apple
1 carrot
1 large beet
Some other symptoms I experienced were bad breath, "fuzzy" teeth, oily skin and a headache the first day. I wish I had the schedule to continue this fast as the good stuff like clarity and enhanced energy are yet to come. Perhaps when I'm not training for a marathon I will plan and complete a 10-day fast.
I am looking forward to tomorrow's break-fast. I think I will take it easy, though, and have watermelon and other fruit. We'll see.
144
No comments:
Post a Comment