A few weeks ago we went to the zoo. It was a hit as always, but the best part was the new water fountains for kids to cool off in. At first my girls didn't dare get wet. Soon that changed to swiping hands through to plugging up the hole with their hands to jumping through the water to trying to "catch" the water in their mouth.
It was lots of fun and both girls were completely drenched at the end of it.
A snuggle with daddy on the back deck.
Rain!
Here's a story. One day I was out watering what was left of my pathetic garden. I had turned the hose off and it left a very small puddle in the dirt of our front yard. A couple minutes later I see Emmy doing this...
Do you think she was thirsty? I was caught between hysterically laughing, feeling bad that she might be seriously thirsty, getting the camera and making sure she didn't ingest too much mud. Obviously the camera won.
Not at all worried herself.
More fun zoo memories.
Dance party in the kitchen.
Sisterly love.
And silliness...
I took the girls to storytime at the library a couple weeks ago and the craft was hat-making. They were very proud of their paper plate hats and demanded wearing them all day. Emmy was particularly adamant. And they fell off a lot!
We went to the Salvation Army to find some Halloween decorations. We came home with some good loot for around $5 total. We immediately put the Halloween cookie cutters to use. I made a double batch of these gingerbread cookies and the girls went to work!
1 comment:
Thank you, Brooke, for letting me have a peek into the wonderful Wakefield life in Prescott. The pictures are priceless.
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment