Saturday, October 22, 2011

Back to the River

In two days I leave for the Colorado River where I will be leading a 3-day canoe trip through the Black Canyon section. I designed the trip with a friend, Maggie, in 2004 and we have done about 10 trips since then through the Prescott YMCA. We coined it Womens Wilderness Yoga Retreat.
I am very excited because it always brings together a great mix of wonderful women. The trip tends to attract the 50-70 year old crowd which I love. I can learn a lot from these women. They don't care much about anything except having fun and speaking their mind. It's extremely refreshing. Here's the description on the Y website.

I am also a little anxious leading up to this trip. I will be away from Emmy for 3 nights. And that means that weaning is almost certain. :( I think we are both ready, but it is definitely a bittersweet adieu.

Ashleigh and I nursing our babies over Thanksgiving in Santa Fe last year.


Sweet Emmylou





I have logged 19 miles so far this week and tomorrow I run 14 more. The next goal is the Tucson Marathon on December 11. For now I will say my goal is to run a sub 4 hour race.

149.5

1 comment:

Ashleigh and Andy said...

wooo hooo to the tucson goal -- you can DOOOO it:)
have a great yoga retreat!!