Monday, October 17, 2011

A visit to the pumpkin patch


I still have a family - it's amazing! Even after all the time spent racing and talking about racing, they still love me. I'm so lucky.


Last weekend we went back to Freeman Farms. This year the weather was way better - sunny, cool and crisp (well, AZ crisp). Johanna was older and really into it and Emmy was game as well. Here's a tour in pictures:

First stop - tractors!



Emmy was really taken with this very friendly and beautiful horse.

The corn maze was a little pathetic this year, not very tall at all - I guess they had problems with the Ravens eating the seeds and had to replant a half dozen times. It was tall enough for a couple of toddlers though!

Johanna learns to take pictures!


The merry-go-round was the big hit and Johanna called it the American Round. I love these types of glitches in growing.

Oh, I forgot about the train ride. That was a favorite too. Two masked men did a "stick-up" at the end (which scared us a little) and then they gave the kids candy to smooth things over. Sound like a good lesson?? Take candy from and forgive strange, masked men. Hmmm.

The hayride was my favorite.

After the hayride we had their own, very good roasted corn on the cob. Then we headed to the pumpkin patch to pick out and cut our pumpkins.


We were all pretty tired at the end and Emmy did not find posing for a picture very appealing.

And she's out.....

149.5

2 comments:

Martha Schickedanz said...

What a fun day! Wish I could give those beautiful girls a big hug and kiss :)
Ya-Ya

Ashleigh and Andy said...

wow, this looks like a OPTIMAL october days:) made my day to look at and read about. we love you wakefield's so much.
sidenote story, the other morning alice noticed a broken dish on the counter that i've been meaning to superglue back together and andy and i were talking about how neither of us did it(the stinking mice!!!) and alice piped up and thought that it was probably johanna!! hahaaaaa! what the heck, they aren't even neighbors yet and afr is pointing fingers..please warn jo of her tactics, she needs to be aware, it's only fair