Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving, hair, ice-cream and a parade


Thanksgiving was a little different this year.  On the actual day Luke had to work so the girls and I went to friend's house and celebrated with her family.
 It was so nice and Johanna played with all the kids there.  On Friday I did the whole dinner at our house.  I have a lot of fun cooking Thanksgiving dinner, but discovered it's more fun to cook for a crowd and not just your wee family.  It's nice to have conversations and the hustle bustle in the house that I so fondly remember as a child.  Next year.  As it was the girls were all over the place, I was busy in the kitchen all day and the dinner was a bit anticlimactic.  We'll eventually get this right.  Here we are sitting down for the meal.


Yes, that is a new hair color for me.  For winter.


A couple weeks ago we went into town after dark.  Gasp!  It was so exciting for the girls and we were spying for early Christmas lights.  We ended up at Kendall's, a 50's style diner with homemade ice-cream.




This past Saturday was the annual light parade.  Johanna was beyond excited and at the perfect age, as far as I'm concerned, for this type of activity.  For a girl who has very little patience, it was a joy to watch her be so focused on the pretty lights.  I learned not to give Emmy hot chocolate or high doses of sugar.  Ever.  Oh, except for the ice-cream trips.  Parenting can be so complicated.













2 weeks until the Tucson Marathon.

149

No comments: