18 miles complete. It was a fabulous run and I didn't use my earphones for music once. Instead I ran with a new friend from our running club and we chatted the entire 3 hours and 24 minutes. Amazing.
We did the first 9 miles of the course and then turned around. She has done the marathon before, but had her third baby 10 weeks ago(!) and therefore is running at my pace. Otherwise, she would be much faster. Last year she ran a 4:20 for the Whiskey Row Marathon, her second ever. Her first marathon, PF Chang's in January 2010, she ran a 3:49. She has hopes of qualifying for Boston this September. That gives you a good idea of the difficulty of Whiskey Row. Generally speaking you can add about 30-40 minutes onto your regular marathon pace. This year she has about the same goal as me for Whiskey Row, about 12-minute miles. Yesterday our average pace was 11:30. Here we are after running our 18 miles yesterday.
A picture of Emmylou and I at the river.
Dyeing Easter eggs! Johanna, Emmy and I went to an Earth Day celebration where we hula hooped, danced to live music, hunted for eggs and got face paint. The painters really wanted to give Johanna a lion face because of her awesome hair.
Easter Sunday. Luke was working so we went down to see him and had our egg hunt at the park across the street. Look closely in the family photo and you can see deer just over my shoulder. It was so awesome! It's not unusual for them to be around, but so perfect for an Easter family shot, don't you think?
Johanna happily eating an "eggie" after completing the hunt.
After the egg hunt I took the girls to the zoo where Johanna played with all the kids. At one point she came over to swing Emmy. Emmy will not let me swing her very much at all before getting a look of panic. But, when Johanna pushed her on the swing she giggled madly.
After the zoo I took the girls out for pizza, then next door for ice-cream and then across the street to sit in the grass for a while. It was a glorious day. Here is Emmy sacked out.
I rejoined Facebook.
Tomorrow I start one of my two part-time jobs. It will only be about 10+ hours per week and very flexible. I'm looking forward to it, but it does feel a little weird.
151


1 comment:
I want Emmy's shoes for my Christmas tree :) Mom
Post a Comment