Wednesday, April 13, 2011

RunPals

My 15 miler on Sunday never materialized.  We're sick again!  But it's nothing serious -just a hacking cough, green boogies and general fatigue.  Lovely.  I ran 3 miles on Sunday with the hopes of running 15 on Tuesday.  That didn't happen either.  I am still not feeling tip top so I ran 10 instead.  It was a hard run, but great for mental training.  When I left the house I set out to do 10 miles.  At the .5 mile marker I thought maybe I'd do 8 instead.  At the 1 mile marker 6 miles total sounded pretty good.  I kept pushing though, feeling my best between miles 4-8.  It was an out and back route at 6500+ elevation.  Whiskey Row is breathing down my neck and I need to get some long runs in soon.  I have officially signed up for the full and I am shaking in my boots!

My friend Emilie was interviewed, for the state of Maine, by a cool new site called RunPals.com and posted about it on her blog.  They still needed a representative for Arizona and I was happy to take the role.  You can check out what I had to say here, and also search for your own state.  Designed for runners, RunPals plugs you into local information, tips, shoe reviews, training schedules, FAQ's and even recipe suggestions.  I wish I had known about a site like this when I first started running.  I was so hungry for information and still am!!

Yoga tonight!

149

1 comment:

Emilie said...

good for you, Brooke! your page looks great on run pals!!!! Love it!