Sunday, March 6, 2011

I love running women

I am feeling grateful for moments of clarity. They are obvious to me because everything just seems easy. All the pieces align at once; timing, attitude, activity, company and a whole bunch of unknown factors to be sure. It feels magical though, and I always notice and appreciate it.

Today I joined two amazing women for a 10 mile run. We were all nervous for different reasons, but mostly we were excited. And open. It has been such a long road for me to not be competitive with women. It's so much more enjoyable to love each other! We are supposed to be sisters in this life and some where along the way I developed a view of other women as a threat, not a support. Today was a great reminder of faith in women and in human's ability to change.

It was a fantastic run featuring these two sirens, Amylee and Mags.


We started the long run at about 10am in mostly sunny and very windy conditions. We covered some great topics in conversation, offered advice and shared some silence. Best of all we completed the run in high spirits and a desire for more. Running is awesome. Running with super quality people is inspiring and remarkable. Thanks girls!




154

2 comments:

Emilie said...

i love this post. it is so true in many ways. glad you had a great run... can't wait to run with you one of these days. xo p.s. you look SO GOOD!

Amylee said...

Brooke! This post brought tears to my eyes! Thank you so much for your support and love, I am so blessed to have you as a friend and running partner...I love you!