I kind of have a lot to say, but I'm not finding a lot of time to write it down. So, instead of detailing I will skim the surface for now.
Luke and I are reading an awesome book called Connection Parenting by Pam Leo. It has opened our eyes and has spawned a lot of productive conversation. To be continued...
The other day I was having a particularly overwhelming moment. I collapsed on the couch after dinner while Luke and the girls played next to me on the floor of the living room. We had left Johanna's dinner plate on the table so she could continue eating if she wished. Johanna started climbing all over me and I asked her to "please get off of me, I need some peace. Please just give me some peace." I had my hands over my face. She disappeared into the kitchen and I sighed a little (shocking) relief. A few seconds later she returned to me holding a couple leftover peas in her hand as an offering. I laughed. How could I not? My perfect little angel helper thought I needed some peas. She could see that I really needed them and ran off of to get them for me.
Luke and I got out for another date today and went to the movies this time. We saw True Grit and recommend it. We were home for dinner and have Maggie to thank, again.
I ran 6 miles yesterday with very minor knee pain. The trail was snow-packed, but I didn't mind very much. I was distracted by great conversation with Mags. Sunday afternoon Luke was able to get out skiing with a couple friends. They skinned up Mount Tridle and skied down.
On Sunday I made some banana bread. I used coconut butter in place of butter, and I used 2 tablespoons raw sugar and 1 tablespoon honey in the place of 1 cup sugar. It turned out pretty good. Next time I will use more banana and replace the 1 cup sugar with 1/2 cup agave syrup. I wanted it a little sweeter than it turned out.
I am in love with coconut.
It has gotten out of control in the last two weeks or so. Coconut everything from coconut butter to coconut hand soap to coconut milk to coconut granola chunks to coconut water to coconut curry to COCONUT BLISS!
Haven't heard of it? Do yourself a favor and run to the nearest health food store and buy some. There are many flavors to choose from. We have tried, and approved of, dark chocolate, chocolate peanut butter and pineapple coconut. This creamy coconut "ice cream" is made from coconut milk and agave syrup. It will blow your mind.
Tomorrow morning is yoga!
154.5
1 comment:
you needed peace! she brought you peas! so cute.
I'm going to get some of that coconut bliss soon! I am really into coconut too, and have seen this product but never tried it. YUM.
Post a Comment