Monday, March 21, 2011

Is it summer yet?

It has been a rough week of sickness. Although we never went to the doctor we're confident that both girls had the Croup, complete with the Seal-like barking cough to give it away. The scariest was on Friday night when Emmy had a 103 temperature for 12 hours straight. I just sat in bed all night watching her breathe. It is so hard to be a mommy sometimes! The fever broke early the next morning and now they are both good as new except their lingering coughs. Can it just be summer already!?!? Speaking of weather, we just got another 3 inches of snow last night with possibly more to come tonight. Good news is the temps will be back to the 60's by the weekend.

I haven't been running or doing much of anything active since Thursday. I really hope to get out tomorrow at some point now that the girls are better. I did order some fun Athleta clothing online today to use while working out. So exciting! I used the money from our rainy-day jar which broke recently. I was too lazy to roll up the coins myself so I took it to the grocery store coin machine. I knew it would probably take 10% or whatever. Surprise! If you take it in cash it does take a percentage, but if you take it in gift certificate value it doesn't. It only had a few stores as options, but one was the Gap/Piperlime/Athleta line. Made my day: $72.58.

While sick Emmy did not want to leave my arms. I pulled out the Moby again and carried her around the house for 3 days. She still will not sleep any portion of the night without me. She is still breaking a few top teeth, the poor girl.





Johanna has been playing hard in the new snow and really appreciates it.


153.5

No comments: