Friday, September 17, 2010

Dinner and a Movie

Today I took an unplanned rest day. Instead of doing my cross workout I ran around town getting last-minute sponsor raffle prizes for the Groom Creek Race this weekend. Perhaps I will make the cross happen tomorrow with some yoga on Netflix?? Stay tuned.

I meant to follow a couscous salad recipe for dinner tonight, but then discovered we were out of couscous so I substituted red quinoa. Actually, there were many things in the recipe we didn't have and I soon realized it was becoming a new meal entirely. It turned out to be very delicious and fresh, and nutritious, so I added it to the vault.

Red Quinoa Chicken Salad

1 cup red quinoa
2 cups veggie broth
2 cups baked chicken, small cubes
1 large carrot, shredded
2 cups romaine, shredded
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes reconstituted, cut into small bits (not oil-packed)
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt

Cook quinoa in broth. Cool to room temperature. Add remaining ingredients and toss to mix. Serve immediately or chilled. Serves 4-6.




After dinner Luke was browsing our instant play Netflix movie queue and found that Grey's Anatomy season six is out! We put babies to bath and bed and I watched an episode. Nighty night.

186.5

No comments: