The week is here, of September 12th.
Rather suddenly a good friend of ours made plans to relocate to Austin, TX with her lovely husband and 3 children. It was a very sad departure, but we wish them well in their new adventure in life. At their going away party I managed to convince two other girlfriends to tackle this marathon goal with me. Crazy! I sent an email to confirm that night after the party and I have learned that they are still on board. So, extremely exciting!!
Although I am following Hal Higdon's Novice training schedule, I will be tweaking it here and there to fit into my husband's work schedule and other things. The mileage will remain the same, but I will be changing things like doing the 20-miler on Christmas Eve and not Christmas Day. Sounds fabulous, doesn't it? Ha!
I started my official training on Monday with a body much less "ready" than I had anticipated. But here I am, an all-or-nothing-kind-of-gal. I ran 3 miles Monday morning and 3 miles Tuesday evening. The weather is a runner's dream I think, but, believe me, I am no runner...yet. It's Arizona dry and fall is in the air. I ran yesterday at 5:30pm and it was perfect. My new shoes are breaking in nicely and I have not experienced any shin splints. Right now the biggest workout happens to my lungs, but that will soon catch up as my fitness level grows. It took me about 2 weeks every fall as a swimmer.
Today is the last day to sign up for the marathon for the reduced rate. REAL COMMITMENT. PF Chang's Rock 'n' Roll.
186.5
2 comments:
Hey Brooke! It took me a week to realize that comment was from you and not the Brooke I know from my ward.
I love the pictures of you and your family here!
As for the training - I admit I am jealous and wish I had it in me at this time. For now I'll settle with walks and sing song yoga with the kids.
Keep posting about your progress and you just might get me to take it a bit farther
Hey Alison,
So good to hear from you! Don't be too jealous yet, I have a long way to go and surely some no-so-enviable challenges ahead.
I love following along with your blog. I found another blog you may be interested in - she sews and homeschools, and everything else:) www.soulemama.com
You and Mary are lucky to have each other!!
Post a Comment