I met some friends at a local trail head for the 3 miler today. The trail was flat and beautiful, following the shoreline of one of our local lakes. It should have been a pretty easy day because 3 miles is already starting to feel good! But, I had both babies and it was 9am, too hot for running. It was my first attempt at having both girls in our Phil and Ted's jogger. It worked great mechanically, but Emmylou was not a happy camper which lead to lots of stops for futile attempts at keeping the pacifier lodged. Running has got to happen earlier also, at least for now. The heat is a real downer for this wimp. Next run is the 10K on Sunday in the
Groom Creek Classic.
Yesterday I signed up for
the marathon. It is official.
Last night I was feeling the cooking bug so I made a batch of yogurt and 2 batches of our beloved raw kale chips.
Yogurt (
Recipe here)

Raw Kale Chips

Nana, getting down to business with her daily Green Baba

Green Baba smoothie:
3 large handfuls spinach
fill to halfway mark with water
blend
3 T ground flax
1-2 frozen bananas, chopped
blend, pour & drink
No comments:
Post a Comment