Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Beautiful Bounty

I did not feel like running today. I have been bored with my regular 3 mile route and bummed about my pains. It was just 3 miles though. If I start skipping out on such small mileage what is to become of me for the many 10+ mile days, or even the 8 mile days? Then my husband told me about a new route, still from the front door, so I tried it. It was great! I had new music, a new route and my body felt terrific. I wish every run felt like that.

I took the kids to storytime today. Johanna is really breaking out in groups now and it's so fun to watch. She's a little wild actually. Lately we have been watching Dora while she sits on the potty (it works!) and now she runs around saying, "I did it! I did it, I did it!" about even her smallest accomplishments. It's pretty cute. We don't have TV, but we do have live streaming Netflix which is awesome. I'm hoping to have potty training success by Christmas. Wishful thinking?

This afternoon we picked up our farm share and it is still going strong. This week's bounty included:

Japanese eggplant
lettuce heads
tomatoes
cherry tomatoes
roasted peppers!
tomatillos
spaghetti squash
bok choy
pinto beans















182

3 comments:

Ashleigh and Andy said...

yummy bounty..i want some
happy for your new route! want to run when we are in zion?

Brooke said...

Yes, definitely. I have to do a 10 mile run on Friday, Oct. 15. Wanna do part of it with me?

Ashleigh and Andy said...

definitely, i'll go for as long as i can!!!