Tired and sore. I ran 12 miles today in 2:15, an 11:15 pace. I went out a little too fast for the first 3.5 miles as I was gabbing with my friend, Amy. Then I felt terrible for a 1/4 mile until I got my pace down. I think I ran the first 3.5 at a 9:30 pace - WAY too fast. I had about 3 little bonks that I ran through and got second winds. It was great for confidence. The last bonk at mile 11 was the hardest and my hips hurt a lot. Right now I feel okay, no major complaints, and overall it was a good run. I sipped Accelerade the whole run and had a gel at mile 6.
I didn't go in for my root canal, I canceled the appointment. I am looking into saving some money by going to a dental school to have the work done. Smart? TBD.
Tonight I went out to meet a friend who was in town visiting from CT. A whole crew of mamas were all sitting together at our table, about 12 of us. So much fun. I was the only one with baby, Emmylou happily came along and hung out in the sling. When all the girls changed venue to attend an 80's night, Emmylou and I bowed out.
Good night.
180

No comments:
Post a Comment