Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bad girl

Today I skipped my 3 mile run because I was lazy and didn't get up before hubby left for work. Bad.

But I did take the girls to the zoo today and it was so much fun! It seemed as though all the animals were out and about. It must be because the temperatures are finally dropping below HOT. We saw the tiger, mountain lion, bobcat, bear and all the other regulars. The highlight was watching the bear eat. The zoo keepers hide his food (broccoli, apples, carrots, sweet potato) and then he goes and eats it all, finding it in trees, water and a tunnel. It was very fun to watch, especially with a two year old. On our way home we stopped for a cone at DQ.

After naps we spent some time outside. A lady down the street generously offered me some of her beautiful Day Lilies to transplant so I spent the afternoon getting them in the ground. I also tried to uncover the ground of pine needles after our latest windy day and add mulch where needed. I think I'll put some bulbs in the ground too in the next couple weeks.

Right now there is a fire going in the fireplace, wood next to it and a whole lot of wood to split, carry and burn over the winter. It's nice relying on wood for our heat, but a lot of work!

184.5

No comments: