Well yesterday I did 9 miles and, incredibly, I'm still alive to write about it. At first I didn't want to do an out and back run, but we didn't have time to run the car shuttle. At the 4.5 mile turn around I told my friend Amy how happy I was that it was out and back. I felt a little skip in my step knowing that we were headed back to the cars. That's when she educated me about the term Barn Sour. If you don't already know, it's when a horse doesn't really want to leave the barn (ever) and once he is out, the moment he is turned around and headed back to the barn he suddenly picks up the pace. EXACTLY how I felt. My hips and knees felt otherwise, but ha ha ha - mind over matter always trumps. The first 2 miles my knees were crunchy and I was a bit winded. Miles 2-6.5 felt pretty smooth with my knees warmed up and my breathing was super. I took a power gel at mile 6 which saved me although the remaining miles I really had to dig deep to keep my knees and hips moving forward. The last 2 miles were completely miserable. I averaged about 13 minute miles. BUT IT'S DONE! Yesterday I could hardly walk and I'm not exaggerating. Today I feel much better and think I may be up for 3 miles tomorrow.
To catch up on training log:
9/30
5 miles
HOT, miserable
10/1
3 miles
good
10/2
2.2 miles
sore knees
10/3
yoga
wonderful
10/5
3 miles
ok
10/6
yoga/3 miles
good/great
Friends of ours that have moved to Texas were back for most of the week and weekend. Even though I kept up the running I probably indulged too much. One night included bacon-wrapped shrimp with fresh jalepeno off the grill. About 10 of them. Oh boy.
185
I will miss these talks.
Johanna and her best friend - now gone:(
My girls
No comments:
Post a Comment