Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wedding bells

This will be quick since I am exhausted and need to go to bed!  I ran 10 miles today and it went fairly well.  I filled my Camelbak with Accelerade and it made a huge difference in my energy levels.  I felt great.  My Achilles did start bothering me at mile 5, got better and then tightened up again at mile 7.  I'm pretty sure it's from a tight calf muscle on that leg so I need a massage!  Yessss.  I had a gel at mile 5 also.

The big news is we're leaving tomorrow to go to my brother's wedding in Zion National Park.  Yay Jake and Clara!!  I'm so excited to see it since I've never been there as an adult and have foggy recollection of it as a youth.  We are staying in a big house with our whole immediate family just outside the park.  So dang excited.  After the wedding weekend our little family will continue on for a couple nights of camping so this day has been filled with preparations.  It's hard to get a whole family ready for vacation, especially when there is camping and house-staying involved.  I think I got everything.

Next run is 5 miles on Friday which I will get to do with my husband since we will have babysitters galore.  Woohoo!

182

No comments: