Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Picking up pace

The day started with a 6 mile run, solo. It was awesome and that makes three great runs in a row. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but does this mean I'm "in shape"? I'm guessing the 12 miler on Thursday will answer that question. The run today was the same 10K course I ran at the end of the first week of training. The one where I was sucking wind and walking for much of the race, especially the uphill, entire third mile. This time I ran the whole thing, only slowing to a walk once while I "fixed" a wedgie. :) This was a true mark of improvement and the only reason I keep focusing on these marks is that it is so utterly motivating! I am still constantly trying to sell myself on the marathon idea at all, that I might actually complete it. I'm not sure if that's healthy, but it's my reality. Today was also the first time I had a fair chance at getting an accurate pace. I didn't have to stop to pee, or fuss with my clothes or Camelbak and I'm six weeks into the training program. It was just there and back. My time for 6 miles today was 1:04, a 10:39 pace. Hooo Ahhhhhhhh!

After my run I collected the kids and we went to storytime at the library. Because we didn't go last week I forgot about the Halloween dress up part. Bad mommy:( Once I realized it I felt so bad. But then I remembered that my sister-in-law gave me a costume in Zion and it was still in the trunk. Saved! I tried to put Johanna in the monkey suit and the top didn't last 5 minutes, but the monkey legs made it through. All the kids went trick or treating around the library and got non-edible treats. Though I think the best part for the kids was being allowed to be loud in the library. So exciting!

At 1pm I went to the dentist for a painful tooth. Result? Root canal is scheduled for Thursday. I was warned to get a crown back in June, but who has $1000 for dental work? Now I've gone and made it $1500 I'm sure. Totally ridiculous. How do people afford their teeth??

To end the day we carved our pumpkin and roasted pumpkin seeds. I'm not sure if Johanna liked the carved version of the pumpkin. Truthfully, I think she's now scared of it after being so in love with it before.

181


2 comments:

Ashleigh and Andy said...

i love your blog. you are totally inspiring. and you make me laugh, as usual.

Brooke said...

smoooooooooooooooooch.