Saturday, February 26, 2011

Date night!

I have been sitting on this draft post for a couple days. I have been distracted. Best of all, mama went on a hot date last night! It was the first date since late May of last year when I was about to burst in my pregnancy glory. My dear friend Maggie has gifted our family her child care services for a few weeks while she's here. We LOVE her. I meant to get a photo of Luke and I before we left the house, but forgot. I was in high heels! We had so much fun. We went to our favorite Indian restaurant and then to see some live music. I'm not sure I let 5 minutes pass the entire evening where I did not point out the fact that we were OUT ON A DATE! It was spectacular.

Here are some photos from our week.

When Emmy cannot be in the tub with Johanna she hangs out with her anyway.



Eating an apple and loving it.




I ran 4.5 miles with Maggie on Thursday with both girls in the jogger. It has gotten a bit easier, but it's still hard! This is the lovely trail I did most of my marathon training on and I finally was able to carry a camera with me to get a shot.




Maggie


We also went back there yesterday morning sans kids and did 5 miles. My knee acted up a little which was disheartening, but not enough to keep me from running. Today was a rest day. Tonight we are expecting 10-14 inches of new snow. I had plans of going to yoga tomorrow morning, but I'm pretty sure we'll be snowed in for most of the day. I just hope we don't lose power - we are low on wood!

153.5