A M A Z I N G.
Luke and I had a nice night and we stayed up late by our standards - 11pm. At 5:30am the alarm went off for Luke to go to work. He went to take a shower and there was no water. Hmmm, no water. Have I mentioned our weather conditions of late? Turns out the temps got down to 3 degrees last night. And guess what, frozen pipes. I'm on about my 10th cup of coffee right now, still absorbing my reality.
But first, here are some winter wonderland pictures from the last few days.
Initially Johanna was scared to walk on the snow.
Helping daddy shovel the driveway.
Nice blue sky on a beautiful and cold winter day.
Back to the pipes. And having no water. The fire department, where Luke is on shift today, has brought over some water for me to flush the toilet, make coffee and drink. Our neighbor, whose pipes did not freeze, brought over a gallon of drinking water. I have also melted some snow for washing dishes. Good old NOLS taught me that while on the Semester in the Rockies course as an impressionable eighteen year old.
I should feel lucky that we still have power, but I'm a little bummed about the whole situation and nervous about the diagnosis. There's nothing we can do but wait and see. It could be days until the pipe(s) thaw and we find out what's really going on. And, we had to miss our New Year's Day party because of it. Oh, joyous new year!
But let's bring it all back to my other reality. There are 2 weeks until my first marathon race day. I am under-trained and I am now having calf pain in my right leg. Through a little research and gut instinct, I have deduced that my calf pain stems from my over-pronation problem. My new shoes must not be giving me the support I need so I am going back with my original shoes, the Brooks Ariel, to complete training and to run the race. I skipped the 8 mile run this week due to the pain and I'm feeling better. Tomorrow I will pick up training with the 12 mile, long run scheduled.
If any of you readers have any words of wisdom or great motivation speeches, now is the time to let me have it. Please.
165
4 comments:
Welcome to life. You truly do not know what tomorrow will bring until tomorrow comes. The pipe problem will get sorted out, you will run the marathon, and all will be well. What is the worst case scenario??? Probably won't happen. You are my heroine on so many counts........you are truly remarkable in your goals and accomplishments. Wish I could be there to help somehow :) But I know there is a cozy fire in the fireplace and two little girls and a handsome husband who love you to bits.
Mom
PS By the way, where do you get your beautiful music? I love this particular song :)
Happy New Year! You are amazing! Adrenaline will kick in and you will finish the marathon. Pain later :) You are always able to take it to the next level. I mean you home birthed for pete sake. You are an inspiration on achieving goals. I only wish I was as focused and disciplined as you. I will be cheering you on from afar. Kick some butt knowing you ROCK!!!
BCA
--Mali
Thank you Mali and mom. Your kind words got me through my 11-mile run today. PAIN LATER! is my new mantra.
Post a Comment