Saturday, January 8, 2011

New leaf

I think I am actually excited for this marathon!  I ran 8 miles today and felt fine with the calf and Achilles, but my quads were killing me.  What the heck?  I should be feeling top notch right now, no?  I am going to chalk it up to not enough carbs.  I have been having a mostly veggie, fruit and lean meat diet.  I think my glycogen reserves were low.  So, I fixed that problem today and won't make that mistake again.

My pace was 10:58 and I was trying for 10:52.  But, the trail was partly covered in snow for a couple miles and then muddy on the way back once it had warmed up in the sun.  I also experimented with run/walk to see if I could maintain the pace.  It was close. 

I spent a good hour today trying on my entire closet to see what I can get rid of, what maternity I can finally put away and to make a diagnosis of what new clothes I need :)  It was fun!  I am so done being overweight.

6 miles tomorrow.

160.5

1 comment:

Emilie said...

this might just be a coincidence, but my last 8 miler before my most recent marathon, my quads hurt too, out of nowhere. they didn't bother me on race day, though.

I remember when I finally got to get rid of clothes that were too big for me and it felt so good. also, going shopping and trying on clothes was fun again... do that after the marathon! stay calm and cool and collected this week and gets lots of sleep and drink lots of water. Go Brooke!