I'm sure I am just freaking out, but I have brand new leg pain on my inner thigh, I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection and I just found out that my friend's son, whom I gave a giant lip-smacking kiss today, has a 101 degree fever. I just want to make it to the starting line healthy - is that too much to ask?? I just want a fair chance to see if I can do this thing without all the added drama. Let's just assume I'm freaking out.
Tonight I started packing for our short, one night stay in Tempe. There are really critical items that need to make it in the car; shoes, sports bra, breast milk, food, baby food, stroller, ergo, co-sleeper. This trip is complicated for just one night. And can I publicly thank my sister, Abby, again for helping out? Thank you Abby. And of course a huge thank you to Luke for putting up with this hectic training schedule and all the logged solo daddy-duty hours contributed. Through all this hard work of training I do realize I have it easier than most with my husband's flexible schedule.
Okay, I know I'm all over the place, but I have to share this moment from my evening. I was in the bathroom with Emmy, trying to wedge a syringe-full of Tylenol into her steel-trap-for-a-mouth. She's teething and so miserable. Johanna comes running in begging me to go "pee-pee". I told her to wait just a second, but then she fell to the ground writhing around and grabbing herself in desperation. We've had a few accidents lately and so I really wanted to avoid that if possible. I took in a visual inspection of the bathroom floor and decided putting Emmy down on that was not an option. (So, I'm a few days behind on bathroom cleaning.) In a panic I took my horizontal 7-month old and jammed her between my inner thighs and clamped down. Then I picked up Johanna off the ground, pulled down her pants and put her on the throne. You know what? She was still wearing her diaper pull-ups from her nap. Oh, the joys and irony of motherhood.
Going in to this marathon I am trying to highlight some real positives so if all does not go smoothly on Sunday I will still feel a sense of accomplishment. The things I'm most proud of are the physical training, the weight-loss and my uncharacteristic self-discipline for 18 straight weeks. Check me out exactly 6 months prior to the race. Who is that person?
This will be my last post until after the race so you can all just imagine me laying out all my gear the night before, battling with Johanna to fall asleep, waking up 3 times during the night to nurse Emmy, laying awake because I'm too excited to sleep and then rising to run a marathon.
My ideal splits will be:
10K 1:04
Half 2:22
20 Miles 3:37
Finish 4:45
Do you ever feel like something big is on the horizon? I'm not talking about the actual race, but something BIG. It's a wonderful feeling.
159

2 comments:
I'm SO proud of you! No matter what happens on Sunday, you have already won in my mind. You look fantastic, you have stuck with a program through all kinds of obstacles, and you will have a fun day regardless of what happens. What's the worst? So you don't finish. Big deal. You are a WINNER!!!!
Love you, Mom
I think you're fantastic!!You are going to do great tomorrow. Remember to enjoy it as much as possible. Can't wait to read the recap! Happy Marathon!!
Post a Comment