Yesterday I went for a 10 mile run and it was wonderful. The air was crisp, the sky was blue and I was so enjoying my natural surroundings. It provided me time and space to clear my head, think about my week, breathe, feel strong and independent. It was my first longer run since the marathon and running for 10 miles with no impending marathon in mind was refreshing. It gave me the confirmation I was hoping to find that running has become a true release for me. It has been an awesome trigger for me to get in shape, but now I feel it could be a part of my life going forward. And that feels good. I'm getting back to my athletic roots. Yeehaw!
Still, there is this one annoying thing that keeps threatening to get in my way - injuries. All of the runs since the marathon I have been plagued with outside, left knee pain. I'm pretty sure it's the IT Band and the dreaded Ilotibial Band Syndrome(IBS). The run yesterday was pretty bad towards the end, I was sort of limping. The pain always starts around mile 2 and has been easy to run through until the 10 miler yesterday when I got to about mile 8. Bummer! My plan is to take 10 days total rest from running. I will swim to keep in shape for the half marathon on February 12th.
The good news is my Achilles no longer hurts, ever!
Johanna has been saying the funniest things lately. My favorites of the day were when she dropped something, "Whoopsi Daisies" and talking about my sweater, "That is so cute, mommy, it's sooo cute!"
And this is a little vulnerable to admit, but I put some Cheerios on the ground for Emmy to eat. She has amazing dexterity and is a Cheerios monster! Only this time she didn't use her hands. I looked over and Emmy had her lips plastered to the wood floor just hoovering up the Cheerios one by one. It was a sight to behold.
157
1 comment:
Emmy takes after her daddy! I have memories of little luke picking up one cheerio at time
very methodically, and I too was amazed at his dexterity!
Post a Comment