Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Super Salad

I have received a lot of great advice and encouragement in the last couple days and I am feeling super positive. Thank you. Though some of it derives from, sort of, an unkind motive. For example one friend of mine, who just ran her first marathon a few weeks ago, reminded me "of all the poor saps that signed up to run the marathon a month ago and they have never even tried a 10K". That one worked for me big time! Yet, I asked her if she really thought those people existed.

Regardless of the origination, all this encouragement helps to make me feel like a super hero when I go to that place of self-doubt. So thanks again for the boost.

Today Johanna and I did storytime by ourselves and left the little peanut at home with daddy. We had so much fun together, just us. She loved the attention and I loved being so mobile. We sang songs, danced and had lots of random snuggles. It was swell. Then I grocery shopped this afternoon with Emmylulu.

I also stretched twice, drank water, ate salad, skipped treats and had some tea.

I love salads. Luke and I almost always have one for lunch. They are constantly evolving so they never get boring. Here is the one I had today with the ingredient list below:


Salad 1/2011

Romaine
Kale
Carrot
Pistachios
Feta
Cranberries
Ginger Root, minced
Sea salt, tiny pinch
Olive oil
Balsamic Vinegar

And here is a picture of my favorite little monkey. I think she's learning how to turn it on for the camera. I LOVE this girl.


Super powers activate!

163

No comments: