It was a great weekend. On Saturday I did go swimming for 40 minutes and did 1650. I even managed to do a set of 4 x 50's on the 50 seconds. It's a small start, but it felt great to push myself. I should have done more, but like I said it's a start.
Sunday morning I went to a Yoga class and that is the most uplifting small thing I have done for myself in a long time. I absolutely need to make a habit of it. This particular class was called Yin Yoga where you hold the asanas extra long for deep stretching. It was perfect for my running injury drama. Every Sunday I can go to that class I will. Once I got home Luke went out climbing and I took the girls to the lake to feed the ducks. I have great memories of feeding the ducks at Quarton Lake growing up. Johanna was into it. We brought a bag of bread pieces, the backpack for Emmy and some snacks. I was worried Johanna might just scoop handfuls of the bread crumbs and toss them, finishing the fun in just a few seconds. Surprisingly she carefully picked one piece at a time and tried her best to distribute the bread fairly. It was so much fun to watch as I sat on the bench at the water's edge nursing Emmy. I counted 46 ducks in all surrounding Johanna and the goods. At one point a rather aggressive male duck approached Johanna on shore. She was not scared at all and, if I didn't jump to stop her, gladly would have put the bread down his throat for him. I went to grab my camera and it beeped at me "no SD card". Bummer. So I sat back and soaked in the memory. After the feeding we walked around the lake and by the end I had Emmy in the backpack and was carrying Johanna in my arms in front. Later on we watched the Super Bowl and treated ourselves to lots of snacking and bangers!
Today Luke went back to work and I loaded up the girls again in search of an outdoor activity. We ended up at one of our favorite parks. On the way Johanna kept insisting that I take her to play with some kids. I didn't know how to break it to her that there may not be any kids there when we are there. What a treat when we arrived and two of her friends were there playing with their babysitter! Emmy tried the swing for the first time and loved it.
It took Johanna less than a minute to ditch her shoes opting for bare feet.
Once home we played in the living room. Johanna plays a little rough with Emmy at times. I went outside to get some wood to start a fire and on my way I heard Emmy cry out. I went back in and Johanna was looking guilty. I asked her what happened and she smiled. So I reminded her not to hurt Emmy. I went back out a little further this time, but so I could still hear, and Emmy cried out again. I came back in and found Johanna on Emmy's back, steam-rolling her while she screamed in agony. It's hard to know what to do here. When I told Luke about it he muffled a laugh. I feel bad for the poor girl! What would you do??
We have been on an Asparagus kick lately and I have discovered my favorite way to cook them. Cut off ends and place in a shallow baking dish. Toss with olive oil and sea salt. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes. Crisp and flavor-packed perfection.
157
1 comment:
I live for these blogs :) Makes me feel like I really know these two daughters of yours..... so great to see them grow right before my eyes!
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment