Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Johanna's Kids

We went back to the park again today. When we pulled up it was empty. Johanna then asked me where the kids were. Kids. She is obsessed with the word and the idea of kids as playmates. I told her there weren't any kids here today, but that was okay - we would still have fun. Just as we got to the jungle gym a big yellow school bus pulled up and dropped off three little people. Kids! Johanna was beside herself. When they were just a few feet away from us Johanna pointed and exclaimed, "Wook mommy, kids! See it, see it? Hi Kids!" I had to laugh and she eagerly followed the kids off to play. They were probably 2nd or 3rd graders and not as interested in her, but they were nice about it. She tried so hard to keep up and I had to rescue her a few times when she got in over her head, once on the monkey bar swings and once on another curvy ladder thing. She didn't let that get her down. She found other ways to climb up to them, smiling all the way. One girl asked her her name and she patted her chest with an open palm and shouted, "Jo-nana!" She didn't need any of their names, after all they were kids. Another time on the swings I was pushing her beside the others and when she thought she was high enough she yelled, "Wook kids!" They really weren't responding to anything she was saying, not that she would have noticed or cared. When a car pulled in to pick them up she followed them to the edge of the playground and shouted, "Bye kids" and one of the boys turned around and said bye to her. She was satisfied and then we went home. In the car she gushed, "Fun kids, mommy."

I really wonder, can it get any better?

157.5

2 comments:

Gardners said...

Oh how I wish we lived closer together! Bear and Johanna would have a ball. It must be the age b/c Bear always asks as I take the other 4 to school, "What can I do? My guys are leaving."

BCA
-Mali

Brooke said...

Me too!

I can't believe 4 of your kids are in school. It must be strange/nice to just have Bear during the day.

I miss you BCA!!