Thursday, June 23, 2011

CFC - Day 3

YOU GUYS, THIS IS NOT EVEN HARD!!

Okay, I know I freaked out on the first day, but now I don't even notice it... that much.

I had a long day today. The morning started with me running out the door, with 2 bananas for breakfast, to go to the dentist to have them re-cement my temporary crown. Saga.

Then it was straight to the lake for 2 hours to teach the Vets how to kayak. Hilarious.

Then to New Frontier's for some basics for the family. At this point I was starving and knew I couldn't hold out for the lunch meeting at work at 1pm. So, I decided to get a nice, big salad at the salad bar. I also bought some strawberries to snack on in the car. Yum.

Then to my office for a little work and a salad at my desk. Scrumptious.

As I walked into the room for the meeting I stared at a table full of no-no's. There was pork loin, fresh bread, crackers, cheese, cheese dip, more crackers & a giant salad. Crisis.

I went to the bathroom and talked myself out of everything, I can do this! But maybe I could do the pork loin. That would be okay, right? Bargaining.

When I came out of the bathroom a second installment of food had been delivered which included sushi(!), humus, boiled eggs and a large bowl of mixed, fresh fruit. Saved!

So, I had a second lunch and I was stuffed silly. CFC you say? I got this.

Breakfast
2 bananas

Snack
10 strawberries or so

Lunch 1
Salad: romaine, mixed greens, red cabbage, black olives, garbanzo beans, beets, carrots, egg, raisins, sunflower seeds and miso dressing

Lunch 2
mixed greens salad with humus
1 boiled egg
3 pieces california roll
1 piece hamachi roll
large spoonful mixed fruit and berries

Dinner
Keta salmon with garlic, parsley and lemon
brown rice
corn


After dinner I put the girls to bath, tidied up the house and eventually got them to bed. It was 8pm and finally cooling off outside so I went for a quick, 3 mile run. It was lovely out, but a bit too dark on the return.

Tomorrow the girls and I are headed to the pool! We are meeting a friend and I told her I would bring lunch this time. So tonight I made the quinoa and black bean salad fellow CFCer, Kelly, found. It is, in a word, A M A Z I N G! Everyone needs to eat this.

After the initial shock to my system on the first day, I continue to be amazed at how easy this is. I mean really, aren't we supposed to be eating like this all the time? It is whole foods people. It is not difficult or expensive or whatever.

I recently read This Life is in Your Hands, by Melissa Coleman. It's a captivating memoir that tells the story of living off your land, being self-sufficient and eating real foods, among many other topics. I highly recommend it.

148

No comments: