Today was pretty hard and I'm grumpy about it. It started out fine, but has gotten harder throughout the day and especially difficult tonight. I guess I really had some "detoxing" to do. I'm borderline angry that I can't have some sugar right now. So sad.
Breakfast:
Green Baba (made with rainbow chard instead of spinach)
1/2 pear
1/2 banana
1 cup (treasured) coffee
10:30am snack:
large bunch of grapes
1 banana
Lunch:
Salad made with rainbow chard, tatsoi, turnips, carrot, walnuts, 1/3 avocado, olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing
4pm Snack:
1 bag raw ChocolaTree curry nori nachos (WOW!)
6 oz raspberries
handful raw cashews
a couple strawberries
a few blueberries
1/2 avocado
10-15 snap peas
Dinner:
wild Keta salmon with fresh dill, garlic, lemon and sea salt
brown and wild rice
stirfried broccolini with garlic, ginger and sesame oil
Dessert:
1 banana
One of the reasons it was hard today was that I taught another kids kayak class on the lake. I was gone for 8 hours from my family and 5 of those hours were spent in the hot sun. At first I thought I'd never make it through the day on salad for lunch. After eating the salad, and feeling very satisfied, I was reminded what whole food and their superior nutrients can do for you. I have been off my salad-for-lunch routine for sometime and it's time to get back on that train.
After the class was over and I had to load the kayaks, drive them back to the Y, unload said kayaks and drive to pick up our CSA share, I was tempted to feed my salty, snacky, chip craving. That's why I drove to our local health food store and treated myself to the $5.79 Raw Nori Nachos. It was a slam dunk in success, but not realistic for every day fare on the pocketbook. I think it's time to make a batch of kale chips!!
Oh, and I'm the rudest blogger ever - I didn't invite anyone to do this with me. And right now I wish I had some more people to commiserate with. I do have the following people that Emilie rounded up via her blog, but they all seem to be doing great so far. So... any takers?
150.5
3 comments:
I'm struggling with the CFC, if you want some solidarity. I have a new blog www.perchedtofly.com and you can read about it there. I am looking at it as my body really needing the detox too. The sugar cravings! The dairy cravings! Yikes!!!
Brooke,
I am not doing great! I am on day 4. I am a bit better today, but have had a headache for most of the time. Hang in there!
Thanks ladies. I do feel better today and I'm really glad I'm doing this since it's clear I need it!
Post a Comment