Was it really the fifth day? Boo! It was another successful one. Today I spent the day in grocery stores(3) preparing for Johanna's birthday party tomorrow. In the morning I will make the cake, a raspberry and blueberry trifle.
We had friends over for dinner tonight and I had to make a few minor adjustments to my meal - no bun, no cheese and no chips and salsa. It was no biggie and we actually talked at length about what qualifies as processed food. My friend, Randy, argued that if Thai Kitchen rice noodles (made only of rice and water) are processed than so is my Green Baba smoothie which is processed in a blender. A big debate ensued. What do you think? Leave me a comment so I can settle this once and for all!
Breakfast
1 pitcher Green Baba, made with rainbow chard & beet greens instead of spinach
1 peach
Lunch
12 oz raspberries
handful almonds
Snack
1/2 avocado
6 oz raspberries
watermelon
Dinner
local, grass fed beef patty
spinach salad with lima beans, garbanzo beans, pineapple, sunflower seeds, sun dried tomatoes
4 leafs lettuce
1 slice tomato
1/2 avocado
humus
2 roasted green chiles
Dessert
more raspberries
watermelon
I loved reading Emilie's blog post tonight about "clean sweat" and I experienced the same thing during the CFC last November. Tomorrow morning I will run 9 miles as a part of my marathon training program for October 1st! We'll see what happens with the sweat.
147
2 comments:
I'm going on mostly processed as in made outside my home, so I'd say you're right with the rice noodles. But ... I'm still using olive oil (nope, not pressing my own!), soy sauce, tempeh, etc., and I know people have used gluten-free breadcrumbs, so maybe it would have been ok? I've also asked if clean is unprocessed, I buy local, organic, non-homogenized milk (not raw). Is that clean or is dairy never clean? As for your argument, I don't think food you make can ever be considered processed - unless you're one of those "only-eat-food-that-falls-down-on-its-own" vegans. I hear they exist. My vote's with you :)
I love this explanation, Kristin Marie and I completely agree! Thank you!
Post a Comment