Monday, June 20, 2011

CFC begins - 3rd post of the day!

CFC?  What is that?

Last November I joined a bunch of bloggers, and normal people, for a Clean Food Challenge.  It was wildly successful and so I'm signed on again for the week long challenge.   Many more have joined for this effort.  See Emilie's blog for more of the history.

I must admit that it has sneaked up on me and tomorrow is going to be a shock to the system. I am finishing the last Klondike ice cream sandwich from my freezer now.

From last November:

Basic rules are no sugar, no processed foods, no dairy, no alcohol, decreased caffeine & no wheat. I will also be cutting out most grains with a few exceptions.

My daily regimen will look something like this:

Breakfast: green tea, green baba, & green drink (1 apple, 1 lemon, 1/2 head romaine, 2 celery stalks and a 1-inch piece of ginger all juiced together) 

Snack: apple, almonds

Lunch: green salad with veggies, maybe some beans and homemade dressing

Snack: juiced fruits and/or vegetables

Dinner: some combination of homemade vegetable soup, sweet potatoes, quinoa, wild caught salmon and steamed veggies. 

I will also attempt to drink a gallon of water each day.



This time I will be enjoying a cup of coffee a day instead of taking it out completely.  I'm just plain scared, okay?  But otherwise I'm going to stick to the original plan and promise to keep you all updated...daily.  That will be a challenge within a challenge.  :)


still 150.5

No comments: