THERE IS HOPE!
This day was much better. It was not a struggle at all to stick with the food plan and my mood was neutral. I truly think I had some sugar addiction to work through yesterday and that is why I was so anxious and crabby. I don't know if it's possible to kick the habit in 24 hours, but I'm not even missing it tonight. And, by mistake, there is one New Frontier's traditional chocolate chip cookie (my favorite) left in my cupboard. Is that one of those "all things happen for a reason" type things? I thought I worked hard to clear those cupboards out prior to the cleanse.
My focus has been on eating raw until dinner. It's good for me and at dinner I feel like I'm eating like a king. I do feel like I have more energy and I even washed, hung & folded laundry after 7pm. That is some kind of miracle.
With all my newly acquired energy I tore my house apart searching for my cell phone which was turned off. I searched for 1.5 hours. On a normal day I would have given up after 15 minutes. It was a very frustrating search. I vaguely remembered turning it off and handing it to Emmy. That is a highly unusual move and I can't imagine what I was thinking. After searching the front yard, garden, garbage cans, fridge, laundry hamper and various other places - I eventually risked waking up my baby and found it had fallen behind the diaper changing table. Oh yes, she must have been playing with it as I was changing her. Wow.
The water intake may have exceeded a gallon today which was easy. It was a mere 98 degrees.
It's my bedtime so I'll just cut to the chase.
Breakfast
1 pitcher Green Baba (made with beet greens, spinach & chard)
1 banana
Snack
3 handfuls almonds
a few dried apples
8oz carrot, spinach, kale & collard greens juice
Lunch
salad: 1/2 avocado, mixed greens, turnip, carrot, green bell pepper, walnuts, Bragg's kelp seasoning and dressed with olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
Snack
strawberries
1/3 avocado
Dinner
cooked carrots, brown and wild rice with salmon pieces leftover from last night and boiled potato with olive oil and sea salt
Dessert
a few blueberries
Tomorrow I teach a kayak class, this time for adults from the VA. Remember that from last year? It was fun!
149.5
2 comments:
Go Brooke! Sorry you had hard day yesterday, but it must have been all the hot sunshine that made it hard. So glad you had a better day.
have fun on the water today!
congrats on 149.5...you just slipped that in there, huh?! It is a big milestone to get under 150! You go girl! Going to see Kara and Kristin this weekend for Kristin's wedding reception :)
Post a Comment