First, I did the 16 miler this morning. The run started at 7:45am, snow on the ground and 31 degrees. Can you say daunting? It really went exceptionally well. Maybe I kept comparing it to the disastrous 15 miler last week. This time I wasn't sore to begin with and the course was flat. I felt super positive the whole way, but I had to do some Jedi mind tricks for the last 1.5 miles. I finished in 3:03 and my pace was 11:26. Here is a picture of me(in the blue) and my friend, Antonella, around mile 12. Brrrrr, it was super cold and windy!!
I finally figured out how to send pictures from my phone to my email. It's really not that hard. This is when my little Emmylou was just a few hours old, in my arms at home. It's my favorite one of her from that beautiful day. This reminds me, I still need to post our birth story as promised.
And here is Johanna at the grocery store yesterday. She just gave up and slept peacefully like this for about 15 minutes. Amazing! The check out line was not so pretty. I had 28 lbs. of Johanna asleep in my arms and Emmy wailing in her car seat as I struggled to bend down repeatedly to get all the groceries out of the cart. Lots of people staring and no one offering a hand. Hmmmm. Not that I would have accepted their help, but come on!
Our Johanna is nearly potty trained. On the way back from Santa Fe she asked to stop 3 times and went 3 times, once was #2! She stayed dry the whole way home. It was not the ideal time for her to be so inclined, but we were game and she did it! She is wearing big girl pants all the time, except bed, and I am just trying not to get too excited. But I think it's for real!
172.5



4 comments:
I can't believe the backdrop of your run... how beautiful is that???
congrats on the big 1-6. That's a big one to have behind you! Wooo hoooo! And one out of diapers? Big weekend! xo
two thumbs up, boodies:)
Great job on the 16 miler! When is your marathon? You asked me about what a good method for determining what your time goal for your race should be. I laughed when I read that because I thought surely it was obvious that determining a race pace was not a strength of mine:) my suggestion would be to keep good track of what you are able to do during your training runs and let Garmin guide you. I'm excited to cheer you on! Is this your first?
Michelle, the marathon is January 16th and yes, it is my first!
Post a Comment