Friday, November 19, 2010

The Big PT

I have neglected to address a very exciting thing going on in our home right now.  Potty training!  For the past several weeks Johanna has been diaperless and pantless around our house.  We of course put pants on her when we leave the house, but this tactic is working magic.  When she has to go she takes herself to the bathroom and goes.  Then she promptly finds one of us to collect her deserved treat.  We know she is going because our house is so small it is audible.  She has gotten so good at it that we have had to revise the treat from M&Ms to rice krispie treats to yogurt-covered pretzels to popcorn.  She still wears a diaper to bed and I have only tried the big girl pants once in public which turned out badly (luckily I was prepared).  We are making progress!  The goal for Christmas may be within reach.

The other day when she was "trying" for #2 she asked to hold my hands.  So I squatted in front of her, which I commonly will do, and held her hands.  She started on #1 and I mistakenly started to congratulate her before mission was complete.  She got excited and started to squeal and her #1 got, shall we say, misdirected.  I was covered from the face down.  I had to laugh.  Johanna was very concerned however, and wanted to clean up the wet.  It was pretty darn cute and not too gross.

This morning I did not get off in time to do 7 miles before Johanna and Luke needed to go to gymnastics.  I did 5.75 instead.  It felt pretty good overall with a rough start.  Upon returning home I instantly got some violent stomach cramping in waves that lasted all day.  Sick again??  It cannot be true.  I made some calls and apparently there is a bug going around.  But I did a grocery shopping marathon yesterday hitting up 3 different stores, including Costco.  Costco at lunch time.  Yes, I had a few of their food samples and they weren't ones you could be proud of.  I was laying down for most of the day, feeling dizzy when I would stand up.  Right now I feel okay.  Please let this be food poisoning and not some awful stomach bug that I could pass onto my kids, husband and Santa Fe hosts.  We leave Sunday morning for a mini vacation to Santa Fe where we will also meet my sister's family (Ashleigh) and parents.  Thinking positively...

And again with the baby pose!!



173.5

No comments: