Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dreaming of sleep

I actually want to run now that I can't.  Everything I read tells me to rest and wait it out, but I'm not sure what this will do to my overall fitness level.  More importantly, what will it do to my motivation?

We are going on 3 days of sickness in our house and it just seems to get worse with each day and night.  Last night was horrible.  I never slept longer than 15 minutes until the wee hours of the morning when I slept from 5am-7am.  I would nurse and comfort Emmy and finally get her down.  Then I would creep back to my bed, lay down, pull the covers over me and exhale.  One minute later Johanna would get up so I would go get her some milk.  But the whole commotion would wake Emmy again and I would be right back where I started.  Emmy came into my bed a lot to get her back to sleep.  Then Johanna would come in, too.  It was hard.  At one point I felt like crying myself.  I am not exaggerating when I say I got up from my bed at least 25 times last night.  I was a zombie today.

Right now Emmy is asleep and has been since 6:30pm. Yessss.  I'm caught between wanting to check on her to make sure she is okay and not wanting to go near her in fear of waking her up.  Johanna is trying to go to sleep in my room at the moment.  Once she does I will follow suit.  Please let this be a good sleeping night.

178.5

No comments: