Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bonding, swimming and treats

Wow.  I am perhaps the most sore I have ever, ever been.  Seriously.  It is a true challenge to simply get on and off the toilet.  Too much information?  Too bad.  I was beginning to get a little concerned that I didn't handle the run well and that my body suffered from being sick, but I just learned that the other two ladies are sore as hell, too.  Yes, it does make me feel a little better knowing that.  Don't judge me.  This is probably the best time to confess that I have been eating multiple sweet treats for the last 3 nights.  Must stop.

Here are a few photos I caught the other day.  Love.




Today I ventured to the YMCA swimming pool with both girls... by myself.  It was not as crazy as I anticipated and it was so good to get us out of the house.  Johanna really needs a physical outlet every single day and I need to remember that.  I held Emmy and Johanna was on her own in the beach-entry pool.  I was nervous because Johanna has always been kind of a crazy swimmer, never knowing the consequences.  She likes to jump in from any edge, into any depth, regardless if anyone is there waiting to catch her.  It's high maintenance.  So today she went under the water right after we got in and looked shocked, staring at me with wide eyes.  She came close to me to check in and then was off again.  This time she climbed out of the pool, and onto the edge, and jumped in kind of near to me.  She went under water again, scrambling to find the bottom, and I helped lift her to the surface with my toes, foot outstretched.  Wide-eyed again.  After that she stayed pretty close.  I definitely do not want her to be scared of the water, but it was nice to have her feel a little humbled.  It made having two littles in a pool less terrifying.

Once we were home both girls took a nap, at the same time!  Lately, Johanna has been skipping her nap entirely.  It was getting to be impossible to get her to sleep at night before 9pm.  She has always been such a great bedtime girl at 7pm-ish.  So we went no nap for a few days which put her to bed at 6:30pm, easily.  However, today she swam, she napped and she went to bed by 7:30pm.  The girl just needs her exercise.

Anyway, she got up from her nap and we made classic rice krispie treats together.  Such fun.   









Tonight I caught Emmy in my very favorite baby pose while putting the girls to bed.  Doesn't it just make you want to giggle?





176