Breakfast: Jasmine Tea, green baba and a root canal
Lunch: leek/veggie soup
Snack: green baba, apple
Dinner: wild sockeye salmon, sauteed summer squash with garlic and basil, 1/2 an avocado
Dessert: banana
Yes, I got a root canal this morning at around 8:45am. I knew I was going to the dentist for a root canal somewhere in the back of my head, but I think I had convinced myself that it was just a consult about getting a root canal. Nope, and root canals just plain suck. But I think this strategy worked for me. There was no fretting over the appointment or the pain that followed. Maybe that's why in the past I have done all my races "off the couch". Hmmm. Those race results never turned out the way I knew they could have, and my current tooth pain is my immediate reminder. But right now I am 12 weeks into an 18-week marathon training program and I'm feeling pretty good about that! A changed woman on the horizon.
Back to the cleanse, I was a little thrown off by the root canal and I was lucky to have leftover soup in the fridge. That is all I could imagine eating and it tasted so good and filling. Soup is always better the next day. After lunch I eventually motivated to do my 8 mile run. It was, in a word, amazing. It was just one of those runs that inspires me to do more. More runs, more good, more patience, more charity, more activity, more everything. The first mile or so continues to be a challenge for me, but I'm starting to have more faith. When I turned the corner of our street guess who was waiting for me in our driveway?
That made for one happy mommy.
After my run I took a nice hot shower and ended it with a 2-minute cold shower. There are excellent health benefits to taking these invigorating cold showers, even short ones. Benefits extend to skin, hair, circulation and longevity. For some reason I only think of it when I'm doing a cleanse. Must add to daily regimen. I probably didn't drink quite a gallon today, but it's close. Dinner was awesome and not really a huge departure from our regular fare. I am missing sweets tonight, but a banana managed to do the trick.
171
2 comments:
sorry about the root canal, but it sounds like you are doing really great, and so glad you were able to have a good run, too.
Keep it up!
Whoa. You are MY child????? I'm impressed with all, but especially the cold shower :)
Mom
Post a Comment