I think the only reason I'm writing tonight is so I can type my final numbers at the bottom. I am already tired of my complaining about being sick, but I still have more to do. This morning I woke up feeling terrible, again. This must be the longest cold I have ever had, or, I have turned into a complete wuss fairly recently. My voice is now extremely hoarse and the sneaky sore throat was saving up to put the mega hurt on today. We're all still a jumble of snot and snot rags. But I am going running tomorrow despite it all, dammit.
I'll meet a couple friends at a trail near my house. One is doing the 13 mile long-run scheduled, the other is doing 6. I am planning on 6 miles tomorrow and will be absolutely floored if I feel well enough to do any more than that. I have taken a full 6 days off and feel the pull to return. Of course I don't want to be stupid and see myself more sick post run. Oh, the balance!
Today I broke out some watercolor paints I had been saving for a rainy day. Call me crazy, after her almost daily crayon fiascoes, but we're desperately cooped up over here. Success. Johanna was so taken with the painting she was mute for nearly 20 minutes. It's not that I don't like to hear her lovely and incessant voice, it just showed how focused she got. It really lasted the better part of the day and there was a lot of, "wook mama, wook!" as she showed me page after page of her artwork. This is what her paintbrush looked like about 3 minutes into it.
176.5
No comments:
Post a Comment