Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Get fired UP!

It's Tuesday and I am still hobbling around, walking down stairs sideways, and straight-arming onto a chair in the pike position to lower my rear end onto the seat.  The 15 miler tomorrow sounds like a cruel joke.  I'm fearful.

Enter my dear sister, Ashleigh, and her comforting words via text messages.  She is well aware of my soreness over the last few days(4!).  Here is our back and forth today:

Me: how am i going to run 15 miles tomorrow?

Ashleigh: you need to visualize

Me: keep talking

Ash: ask yourself why are you doing this?  watch yourself on race day... keep yourself accountable to the reasons you set this goal in the first place.  get fired UP!

Me: okay. this is working.  i wish i could text you at mile 10.

Ash: do you have running mates tomorrow?

Me: yes.  i'm scared.

Ash: you're going to do it.  because you have the means and the will.


I cannot tell you how much better this made me feel.  And she really knows me!  If she thinks I can do it than I must be able to do it.  Yes, I am a big girl and I can do this thing.  So what if I'm sore.  Some people never get the chance to run on a daily basis due to misfortune or some other reason.  They never get a chance to be sore.  I have the opportunity to do this.  I don't have to be fast, just finish.  15 miles is three 5 mile runs.  It will happen.

Still, I'm scared.


I always include my weight in numbers at the end of my posts.  I have stated my goal weight for race day which is 155, but I have never decided on my ultimate goal weight.  It's because I'm not sure what it is.  It's been so long since I was living a healthy, active life-style that I'm not even sure what the number should be.  Last time I was living that healthy life-style I don't think I ever actually weighed myself.  Obviously, I can't use my high school weight, can I?  I've had 2 children!  So, I will figure it out as it comes.

But, tonight I have reached a goal.  I am now at my pre-pregnancy weight which, ironically, was the same for both pregnancies.  However, that pre-pregnancy weight was "overweight" for me.  By how much I don't know, but probably at least 20 pounds.

GET FIRED UP!

174

No comments: