Tomorrow morning I run 16 miles. Pretty terrified, but I will do it. The weather report for tomorrow is less than stellar. It is 60% chance of snow(mainly before 11am), windy and a high of 39 degrees. Also, I left my iPod in Santa Fe. Super.
My runs in Santa Fe went well. I did 4.5 miles on Monday, 8 miles on Wednesday and then 3 miles on Thursday. MY NEW GARMIN ROCKS! I'm still learning how to use all the features, but even the basics are a dream. I can tell I will be a little obsessive with it. The elevation(7250 ft.) really got me the first 1.5 miles or so, but then I felt great. It was pretty cool to run around neighborhoods in a new town. Running the 5K on Thanksgiving was so fun with all the race energy and my sister with me. I am looking forward to that aspect of the marathon.
The morning I left for Santa Fe I was down to 170(my goal for Thanksgiving!). Today I was 171.5 - so what, I indulged a bit much over the holiday. The worst news is that today was a total breakdown that included M&Ms, rice krispie treats, and mac & cheese. All of this brings me to my upcoming cleanse. Starting Monday I am joining at least 10 other women in a Clean Food Challenge that will last one week. The main goal is to clean out the pipes and get a grip on the holiday season barrage of food and sweets. Basic rules are no sugar, no processed foods, no dairy, no alcohol, decreased caffeine & no wheat. I will also be cutting out most grains with a few exceptions.
My daily regimen will look something like this:
Breakfast: green tea, green baba, & green drink (1 apple, 1 lemon, 1/2 head romaine, 2 celery stalks and a 1-inch piece of ginger all juiced together)
Snack: apple, almonds
Lunch: green salad with veggies, maybe some beans and homemade dressing
Snack: juiced fruits and/or vegetables
Dinner: some combination of homemade vegetable soup, sweet potatoes, quinoa, wild caught salmon and steamed veggies.
I will also attempt to drink a gallon of water each day.
171.5
No comments:
Post a Comment