Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chin up

I'm trying not to get bummed about my Achilles and it's hard!  I am so nervous about how I will feel this weekend.  What if I have to miss my 18 mile run?  How will I ever recover and stay on track??  Oh, the unknown.  I went swimming today for a workout.  I swam 1500 and felt great.  I also spent some time stretching out my calf, ankle and Achilles.

After the swim I went for a hair appointment and Luke was wonderful to watch the girls for 4 hours.  That's a long time for a little nursing baby, but thankfully she took the bottle at last today.  She is really picky about that, except when my mother is in charge.  :)  Emmy is also being picky about eating food.  She is 6 months now and I only recently started her on some baby food, otherwise she is nursing exclusively.  Tonight is the third night she actually ingested any of it.  She is amazing.  Johanna, and I think most babies, would take a spoonful of baby food and spit out maybe 40% of it.  Emmy takes the spoonful and spits out approximately 99.9% of it.  I'm hoping she figures this out soon.

169

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Hang in there, stay positive, and take care of yourself. trust your training. Your body will heal and know what to do to get you there! Good luck!!

Emilie said...

when I was training for my first, I was sick the weekend of my 18 miler so I never did it. I went from 16 to 20. In the long run, your training is solid enough that you can totally miss a long run. I know you don't want to, and it did kind of throw me off at the time, but it may be that your achilles needs a little rest and then you'll be back to normal? good luck! xo

Brooke said...

Thank you ladies. I got some arnica rub today and I will rest, rest, rest! Staying positive.