Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ham

It was a complete rest day and I think it's doing some good.  I did buy some Arnica Rub and have applied that a few times.  Tomorrow I plan to swim right before I go in to get a crown at my lovely dentist's office.  I really do like my dentist.  He is nice and knowledgeable and kind and real.  Still, I don't enjoy looking forward to or going to the dentist (sorry dentist cousins of mine).  Plus, it's a real financial killjoy.

The main reason for blogging tonight is to tell you about my star-in-the-making daughter, Johanna.  I had a bunch of errands to do today so I loaded up the girls late this morning and we headed out.  My first stop was Staples to make some copies of my Christmas letter.  It was very busy in the copy center area and keeping Johanna occupied was going to be a job.  I found an activity book for $1.50 and grabbed it for her to work on while we waited.  That worked for approximately 45 seconds.  She was like a tornado in there and I was constantly roping her in.

Finally they got to me, but the margins weren't right so I had to wait again.  Johanna asked to go potty so, of course, I dropped everything and took her to the restroom at the back of the store.  She did her duty and we were back at the copy center waiting our turn.  The nice lady, that kept calling me "sweetie"(grrr), fixed my margins and then I went to the self serve machines to make my copies.  I was about halfway through when, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted something on the carpeted floor.  It was Johanna's shoes.  And socks.  And pants.  And underpants.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!  I think I said, "Oh my gosh!" out loud at that point.  I scanned the area for Johanna and as I was looking for her the three women at the counter broke into fits of laughter.  Then I spotted her.  With Emmy in my Ergo Carrier, copies in one hand and a credit card in the other, I chased after my naked Jaybird.  The women were really rolling now and Johanna caught on quick.  This was funny!  This was a game!  So under the table and onto the bench and out of reach of mommy she went.  I finally used my "serious" (bribe) tone to get her under wraps.  I got her dressed and may have turned a little red in the process.  What got into her?  

Okay, it was funny.  REALLY funny. 

167

4 comments:

Gardners said...

What kind of star is Johanna going to be getting naked and all? JK. Really funny story I can see it all unfolding. Loving this blog :)

BCF
--Mali

Martha Schickedanz said...

Another chicken :)
Mom

Mom/Barb said...

Glad your mom referred me to this. I had a great laugh! Marnie when she was a little younger used to love to strip at home and change clothes. We were living temporarily in an apartment at the end of dental school and our patio was by the front entrance. I can't count the times that I discovered her naked out on the patio. Such a great mother!!!

Love,
Barbie

Brooke said...

BCA - talent is an attitude & comes in many forms;)

Barbie - So she may turn out well after all?