This will be short. I have decided to take a full 10 days off from running. That means I will likely miss my next 2 long runs, including the dreaded peak, 20 miler. Yes, this is a risk, but I am just trying to get myself to the marathon itself. I plan to pick up training wherever I am at the time I decide I am healthy. Current issues include left Achilles and possible right Achilles. I will be swimming and possibly biking during the 10 days, which started Sunday. I am not happy about this and I am trying to be positive.
I will be icing, applying arnica rub, stretching, temporarily taking naproxen and eating anti-inflammatory foods.
broccoli
ginger root
garlic
oranges
sweet potatoes
plums
fish
turmeric
apples
olive oil
celery
kiwis
apples
On a much happier note, little Emmylou got her first tooth today, bottom middle, left. It looks so painful to see it breaking through the gums, but she is as happy as can be.
Johanna freaked us out tonight when she tripped over Luke and slammed her head into the corner of the coffee table. I think I have had at least a dozen nightmares of this exact injury. She has a huge bruise on her forehead, but otherwise seems fine.
168
2 comments:
brooke, i know this is hard, but you are so so smart to do it this way. it's so hard to step back but your body will thank you. also, maple syrup is anti-inflammatory so pancake it up! xo
I'm bringing lots of NH maple syrup and will spoon feed you!
Post a Comment