We are officially into the season with Christmas music playing 24/7 on Pandora Radio, Luke's mom(Gigi) has arrived, there are plenty of presents under the tree and daily cooking projects are in the works. Cookies, curry, stuffed pork loin, squash soup, wild rice, bread, pie, pancakes and pizza. Yessss. I am already sad that there is only one week left until Christmas. But then again, I was the kid that couldn't fall asleep for hours on Christmas Eve.
A word about Pandora Radio. This is the single best way to enjoy Christmas music over the holidays. You choose the type of Christmas music you like, for example Swingin' Christmas, and it shuffles through all different artists indefinitely. That way you don't have to buy any music and you don't have to clog up your iPod with seasonal fare. Hot tip.
Last night I tried to recreate the date rolls I fell in love with during the Clean Food Challenge. It's so easy it's silly. And they taste way better than the store bought variety, naturally. They are very sweet and creamy, and a new favorite.
Coconut Date Rolls:
-1/2 lb. dates, soaked in a bowl of water for 30 minutes (I used Deglet, but prefer Medjool Dates)
-shredded coconut, unsweetened
Drain the soaking dates and pat dry. Place in food processor with 1 tablespoon shredded coconut and process until smooth. Ball up a tablespoon size in your hands and then roll into shredded coconut, shaping however you desire. Put in the fridge to set up for at least 15 minutes Store in the fridge or cupboard. Makes 10-12 rolls. Enjoy!
Breakfast with Gigi! We had buckwheat pancakes(made by Luke) and a brand new jug of New Hampshire Maple Syrup that Gigi brought. The first thing out of Johanna's mouth when Gigi arrived was, "surpurp?" which of course is her word for syrup. Maple syrup is a BIG hit around here. Johanna is sucking down her daily Green Baba while waiting patiently for pancakes.
Presents are stacking up under the tree much to Johanna's delight.
Today we got a package from Aunt Rachel in New Hampshire. She has bees and sent us some of her delicious, homemade extracted honey. Another one of our favorites!
I am at 8 days rest as of today and I have never, ever wanted to run more.
165.5
2 comments:
Looks and sounds VERY Christmasy! So glad you love Christmas as much as I do :)
Love, Mom
I love Lorna's haircut...pass it on. And I am going to try making date rolls - yum.
Post a Comment